The history of the Cannery started at the 1st of August in 1934, at the time of the economic crisis. The owner of the Cannery needed to try new grounds to remain competitive with his products. Therefor he started the production of the tomato paste.
Thus, the Cannery was established in 1934 to process the raw tomato from the farmland of Nagygombos. Near Nagygombos, golden pheasants were naturalized for hunting purposes, so the name of the farmland’s’ raw tomato to be exported.
After the successful tomato paste export in the previous year, a spectacular trademark was needed, that's how the tomato paste is named ''Aranyfácán'' (golden pheasant in Hungarian), which was accepted as a trademark in the 23rd of august in 1934. The Cannery employed a numerous experienced engineers and technicians, who installed and operated the factory, the division without any external help. Besides, the production of the tomato cannery had the undivided attention of the baron Hatvany family, the owner of the factory.
On the 3rd of December in 1935, the factory received the production right of the Aranyfácán trademark from the Sugar Factory.
Since then, the 'Aranyfácán' trademark is registered in more than 70 countries.
By the early ‘60s, the factory increased the production quantity as well by producing tomato paste from approximately 60000 tons of raw tomatoes.
After the Cannery of Hatvan reached the capacity for processing 1500 tons of tomatoes a day, the idea of upgrading the production became indeed justified. A significant investment in 1978 enabled to process over 2000 tons of tomatoes a day. By 1979, it is more than 90000 tons of processed tomatoes.
Our company was among the first in Hungary, who introduced the ISO quality control system. Currently, beside ISO 9001, we also operate HACCP system. The products of the cannery are constantly available in many countries' shelves in Eastern- and Western Europe, and in Arabic countries besides the interior market.